Follow by Email

Monday, March 23, 2015

Manic Monday

I should have set my alarm to The Bangle's Manic Monday actually it would have probably put me in a better mood.  I woke up not in the best mood due to stumbling on some photographs last night.  I was going through some family photos last night attempting to put together a surprise for a family member. I forgot, in the box was a picture of me in the wedding dress that I never got to use.  Not something a single thirty-five almost thirty-six year old wants to see. 

I had the biggest grin on my face in the picture. I was so happy to be finally marrying the love of my life or so I thought.  I will never forget the pain of having to pick up the dress four months after he called off the wedding.  Thankfully my mum went with me and I only had to hold it together long enough to write out the check.  The tears immediately started falling and I rushed out of the store leaving my mum to finish the rest.  The dress hung in a closet until last summer when I finally got enough courage to get rid of it.  Ironically, the dress burned in my car.

Since calling in sick wasn't an option I had to make my way to work.  Apparently I wasn't the only one not thrilled about me going to work.  Cappy rushed the gate as I was trying to leave.  When I wouldn't let him out he started crying.  Then he ran along side the fence trying to follow me to the garage; yelping and barking the entire time.  My heart was just breaking, he has never been this bad before when I've gone to leave.  I wanted to turn around and head back in the house and curl up on the couch with him. 

Off to work I went instead.  I was about five minutes from work and just to make the day even better I spotted a truck from my ex's work.  Normally I wouldn't care but after the walk down memory lane last night, I wasn't in the mood for another reminder of my past.  I am working so hard on moving forward and that includes forgetting the past.  I thought I was a safe distance from the potential of running into him by working in Minnesota. 

Work was a welcomed distraction.  I was so happy to just have a normal drama and stress free day once I got there.  Throwing myself into my work has always been a nice distraction.  The day almost made a complete turn around.  We had been very quiet.  I had gotten it in my head that if we got out in time I could make it to the craft store to pick up yarn.  I jinxed myself, customer's started rolling in twenty minutes before close.

Some how we managed only to get out five minutes late and I started the twenty-five minute drive to the craft store.  I was trying my hardest to get there in enough time. I didn't want to be one of the annoying customers coming in at close.  Especially since yarn isn't really an emergency item.  I just didn't want to run out and needed more for my blanket.  Next time I will be buying yarn from a store closer to home. 

The day is now over and I'm ready to put it all behind me.  None of it was life or death or things that I should have even let ruin my day.  I need to some how work at not letting the little things bother me.  Until then I guess I will have some interesting things to write about.